Saturday, February 19, 2011

two more finals left and the tragic result might await me

Unblocking Syria's social media - Opinion - Al Jazeera English
It was my big surprise that some of my non-tech-savvy Syrian friends have just started to join Facebook recently, probably stimulated by the series of the Arab movements. This article reminded me of difficulty to get access to those kinds of social networks out there when in Syria almost one and a half years back from now. Although it seems still hard to see this blogger from there, is it a big progress? I am not fairly sure if I should call it a progress and if I should, for whom and for what is it a progress? We all know we can never say we are always happy with the Internet. It was good at least for me to be unable to use Amazon.com., even a credit card, Facebook and this bloggers there, which enabled me to get directly connected with the others and perfectly isolated from the community I had belonged to in Kuwait and Japan at that time of my challenge, which was a part of the quite limited moments of my youth life - I do not think I can do it again.


You can inform another person anonymously that s/he has a nose hair sticking out by filling in his or her number here, the number of hairs you saw, from which nostril and the relationship with him or her (friend/colleague/boss, etc).

Strong recommendation -  my uni neighborhoods' cafes and restaurants
- One of the two popular Russian restaurants around there (海燕) I have already taken some of my friends there three times.
- Nothing new but rightly classic Showa style cafe! (近江屋 本郷店) Its all-you-can drink corner is just awesome with various kinds of 100% juice, which can hardly be available with an affordable price in Japan.
- Classic and casual bistro (AUX DELICE DE HONGO オ・デリス・ドゥ本郷)  I am terribly eager to taste its well-known quiche, limited 16 plates from 11:30 every day, but I always miss the chance...
- Also a very classic bourangerie (Merry Jenne メリージェンヌ) They cut in price to 105yen after 17:00.
- Cheap but satisfactory well-known bistro (石川亭) I hear they offer a voluminous weekday lunch by 1,100yen! I asked a friend of mine to go out and we are going to try it after the exams, yay! 


I will report other my favorites every now and then :)