Tuesday, April 27, 2010

get marubenized?

Back from 内定者懇親会@多摩(15-22) today, it IS amazing that I have been socialized well enough not to be so isolated even there, but at the same time I wonder how much I could be 'marubenized' (what a good word-maker I am) for the coming next several years at least. I am sure that I should keep in touch with the worlds I feel comfortable to stay in and I feel I should stay in for some reasons (even though I should not objectively and I feel uncomfortable to be there) so as to keep/cultivate myself. It must be a good place to begin my first career with some possibilities to be kept and broaden, but it definitely not a place to work at until the age of 60, when it is believed that I would be retired from business. Well, it is absolutely precious to see people from other 'ethnic groups' (such as 体育会系/運動会系) and how the things are going among them, especially in the world of 総合商社, which is said to be unique only to Japan.

Off topic a little bit, I was a bit depressed to know again that it surely was hard to find my real partner. There were 70 students (内々定者s) and more than 60 of them were men. All of them are close to my age, and many of us have much in common with one another (academical background and hobbies, etc). Even though, I felt instinctively impossible to find 'the one' from there. This is not because that they were bad or something (indeed each of them was respectful), but I felt so. If it is really impossible, it never be possible to find 'the one' even from the other parts of Japan or the world. Well, I will have an excuse in my job there for not having a chance to find 'the one' (e.x. because I am terribly busy for works, which should/must be done by me who is well qualified to do it), but for first the work itself must be worth (great) enough being judged so.