Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the most thing I was shocked at this week

Having attended my grand father's 49th day of commemoration, I have got to know that his youngest sister's husband, who I had believed should have been in his late 60's, was actually 82 years old! I have heard that he has been already retired from his job of teaching (prof of engineering I guess) at university, but I am sure no one doubts he has been. His appearance is now a kind of fraud. My mom said it might be because that his wife (my grand father's sister) is younger than him by almost 20 years, which keeps him much younger than his real age. I wonder if I get married to someone younger than me by 10 or 20 years old and I could keep myself mentally and physically young. Oh 'he' has not been born yet on the earth, maybe?

Another thing I was shocked at yesterday was that nothing appeared for several minutes as titles on the screen of NHK's late news show! I know the society of Japan has stopped functioning in this G.W.,but there must be something to put on the screen, isn't there, NHK?

p.s. I did it! I weighted myself today for the first time in these 3 months, and I found my weight 46kg (when I got back to Japan 8 months ago; it was 52kg) and my body fat ratio 22% (28%)! They are completely the same as those before going to Kuwait. I do not hope I have lost any other thing I gained there except for weights, though.