Thursday, January 13, 2011

beer thing

Somehow the long nasty discussion whether the non-alcoholic beer is halal or not (in my opinion, it is not because it contains some alcohol) came up with me today and I wondered if the Japanese brewers are marketing well overseas out there with a bunch of wonderful non-alcoholic beer (literally with 0.00 percent alcohol), which was newly developed around two years ago and still keeps being improved. Aside from the judgment if this beer-taste-soft drink has even a possibility to be called haram (because it really does not matter to me), now it is a big question why they do not try to sell them in this white-colored region . I was unable to get interested at all in the brewer industry during the last job hunting season, so I have no knowledge on it, however, it really is obvious that they do not market this sort of beer globally for present (Japanese industries are usually notoriously bad at globalizing their market even when they apparently get a good chance), because I could not find any fatwa concerning this truly 0.00 percent-alcohol-beer-taste drink (please let me know if any!). It is not always drunk as an alternative to alcoholic beer, not like the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore states above, so the first point they mentioned might not be cogent enough. (I can say nothing about the second point, though.) Well, this reminded me that once a friend of mine has even refused to have a glass of mugicha because he believed it possibly might have been haram. Back to the beer-like-juice itself, ALL FREE would be one of the list, which SUNTORY has invented as the one with no alcohol, no calorie (this is awesome) and no suger. I wonder who can call this "beer".